- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh jalapeno, thinly chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (or ground meat of choice)
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Crum’s Grim Sauce
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Pour oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat and bring up to temp before adding onion and jalapeno. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper, then lower heat to medium and sauté for ten minutes or until onions become translucent. Add garlic to skillet and continue to cook until softened and light brown.
- In another bowl, mix ground beef with desired amount of salt and pepper, then add to pan. Cook until meat has fully browned, stirring occasionally to combine ingredients and keep cooking even. Add sauce mixture to the pan and gently simmer together for 20-30 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Spoon meat mixture onto toasted buns and serve.